Dr. Beck has spent his life in the state of Arkansas. He grew up in Benton, where he attended and graduated from high school in 1979. Dr. Beck studied at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. After graduating in with a B.S. in 1983, he continued his education, taking Medical Sciences at the University of Arkansas. In 1996, Dr. Beck graduated with an M.D. Dr. Beck is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in Medical Oncology.
- American Board of Internal Medicine 1997-2007
- American Board of Internal Medicine Medical Oncology 2000-2010
- Meritorious Service Medal
- Army Commendation Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Medal
- National Defense Medal
- Army Reserve Components Achievement Medal